The Doolittle Institute, an AFRL Innovation Institute, supports the Air Force Research Labs Munitions Directorate (AFRL/RW) by working to license and commercialize AFRL/RW technologies in the private sector, enable rapid technology delivery to the warfighter, identify and foster new R&D partnerships and develop AFRL’s current and future workforce. The Doolittle Institute is a member of the Defensewerx Family of Innovation Hubs.
Thanks to a generous grant from the Gulf Power Entrepreneurial Support Initiative, the Doolittle Institute is pleased to offer a limited number of awards not to exceed $5,000 each to Northwest Florida entrepreneurs/small businesses in the following target industries:
- Aerospace & Defense
- Financial Services
- Water Transportation
To qualify for an award, your business must meet the following requirements:
- For-profit business, less than 5 years old, located in Northwest Florida*.
- Provide products, services, or conduct R&D in one of the target industries listed above.
- 200 or less permanent full-time employees.
- Present at One Million Cups Okaloosa (apply to present here: https://www.1millioncups.com/okaloosacounty; presentations must be within 3 months of application).
Grant award determination will be made after all requirements are fulfilled. The opportunity will remain open until all grant funding is exhausted. Applications will be processed in the order they are received. Businesses that do not complete the 1MC Okaloosa presentation within 3 months of applying will not receive an award.
* Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa, Walton, Holmes, Washington, Bay, Jackson, Calhoun, Gulf, Liberty, Franklin, or Wakulla County
- U.S. Citizen
- Technical expertise in one of the areas listed in the call
- Able and willing to dedicate 3-5 days for Design SPRINT participation
- In person and virtual options